Skip to content
- There was a 15.8% increase in cement shipments in March, partly due to better weather.
- US weather in March 2021 was warm like in March 2020 but was drier than then.
- March’s shipments increased particularly strongly in Eastern Pennsylvania (+50%), Northern California (+45%), Utah (+44%) and Arizona (+41%).
- Conversely March’s shipments declined in Colorado (-18%), Iowa (-15%), Chicago (-8%) and Wisconsin (-1%).
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that growth has remained strong in April and May, although that may be partly due to the weak comparatives in 2020.